Tuesday, November 2, 2010

38 Weeks

Oh, hi. I am 38 weeks pregnant!

Not really much to say about Ty, as he's pretty much cooked, and we're just waiting for him to be all big and strong and ready to come meet us out here. :)

Weight Change: NADA. My weight was the same as last week (and the week before that). No loss, no gain. So weird, considering I feel gigantic, and considering I eat whatever I want, really. No complaints, though. My midwife didn't seem concerned, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Symptoms/Feelings: Feeling less pronounced movement. Now it's more of a stretching, bumping feeling than kicking and wiggling. Still feeling the movements frequently throughout the day, though. Having a lot more pelvic pain/pressure, and having a really hard time sleeping at night. Also having a lot more frequent waves of cramping (which my midwife said is contractions). They do feel a lot different from braxton hicks contractions, and they come in waves where the cramping starts of mild and then gets more painful, then tapers off.

Cravings: Really craving sushi today, and was craving pringles, but nothing really outrageous.

Appointments: Had my midwife appointment today. Things of note:
-My GBS swab results came back and I am GBS negative! Yay! This means I won't need to have antibiotics during labor. I was actually really nervous about this because I do have allergies to certain antibiotics, and it was going to be a bit more complicated than if I could take penicilin during labor.

-No weight change.

-Blood pressure slightly elevated (likely due to not having breakfast and having just made a trip to Starbucks, lol), but not high (I believe it was 130/72).

-My fundal measurement (when they measure from the top of my pelvic bone to the top of my uterus) was the same as last week- generally it grows 1cm per week. My midwife said it is likely because Ty's head has dropped into my pelvis, and when she checked, sure enough, it had! This is a good sign.

-I scheduled my induction. If I go past my due date, I'll be induced at 41 weeks, 3 days (which is November 25th). I'll have to have an NST if I go overdue, and that was scheduled as well. The NST (non-stress test) is an ultrasound where they check fluid levels and stuff to make sure everything is okay and that there's no reason to induce before the 25th.

Anything Big Happening? Going on a date this weekend with Doug! Going to have some spicy Indian food, and walk around. :)

Preparing For Baby: Not much preparing left. Just starting to do more walking and bouncing on my exercise ball and hope that things start happening soon.

Belly Pics:

Yay!

Mmmm, that's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome