Thursday, June 10, 2010

midwife appointment update

I had a midwife appointment on Monday (why does that seem so long ago?), and everything went well.

A few things of note:

1. My due date was changed to November 16th. So I basically skipped a week. Baby has been measuring 6 days ahead since our ultrasound at 9 weeks, so my midwife thought it would be wise to change my due date, so we don't run into any complications with the hospital if I go into labor around 37 weeks (which would be considered pre-term with my original due date, and I wouldn't be able to birth with my midwife). So the next time I make an update, will be Tuesday, and it will be my week 18 update.

2. The cyst on my abdomen looked really bad on Monday, but has since been drained and is much smaller, not causing any pain, and is not infected. So all is well there. While it is smaller, it is still there. We're hoping it goes away on it's own, because I can't have it removed until after the baby is born. We'll see what happens, but hopefully it goes away soon!

3. My anatomy ultrasound is in two weeks. We're super excited to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Both of us are leaning toward thinking it's a boy, but would be thrilled if it is a girl too, of course! And I honestly really want a little girl. I think Doug would be such a cute daddy to a little girl. He'll be great if we have a boy, too, but I just love the mental image of him with a little girl. We'll see, though! We have the whole day planned out for celebrating after we find out and I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. Well that's one way to make your pregnancy go faster -- change your due date! Sounds like it was a great appt.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome