Tuesday, June 29, 2010

20 weeks!


20 weeks!

Baby
-OMG he's the size of a cantaloupe! In length, only, I assure you. :) This week, baby Ty is approximately 8-10 inches long (I know this thing says 6.5 but he was 10 inches according to the ultrasound) and weighs 10 ounces. He's growing!
-His bowels are collecting meconium for his first poop, hooray!
-We got the results from the ultrasound today, and he is head down, and on target for growth. He's also perfectly healthy and well developed!
-Not much is going on in Ty's development. Everything is pretty much formed and functional (he's even practicing breathing motions), and for the next 20 weeks he's just going to focus on growing!
-His heartbeat was great, and he was moving around when the midwife used the doppler.

Mommy
-Am down a few pounds since 2 weeks ago. According to the midwife, I'm doing really well with weight gain/loss.
-I can feel baby moving a lot now. Still waiting for bigger kicks, but I'm happy to feel him wiggle around
-No real cravings, trying to eat moderately healthy.
-My blood pressure was 130/60 which is really good! My blood pressure has actually been better in pregnancy than it was pre-pregnancy. As a whole, I think I am a healthier pregnant woman than non-pregnant! :)

Not a whole lot going on here, but hooray, I'm halfway through the pregnancy! It's so exciting! This week at the midwife, we talked about pre-registry at the hospital (which Doug and I have to do in a few weeks), and about taking a prenatal class (which we're still not sure we want to do). We also discussed the gestational diabetes test. I'll be going after my next appointment (at the end of July). They want me to do a 2 hour test, which is a more diagnostic test than the typical 1 hour test (at this one, I have to fast for 12 hours, they draw my blood, then I drink that stuff, then wait an hour, have my blood drawn again, wait another hour and they draw my blood a third time). Because I am overweight and have a "family history" of diabetes (only my grandma had type 2 diabetes), it is recommended that I do this more conclusive test. I am nervous about this, as I have always been afraid of having diabetes, but there is nothing I can do about it, and nothing I can do to prevent GD if I do have it. We'll see, I guess. I will try not to worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome