Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Potato Baby



18 weeks! :-)

Tell Me About This Baby....
-Baby is now 5 1/2 to 6 inches in length, even longer if you include the length of the legs! Crazy sauce!
-Baby is super active now (compared to previous weeks), and is twisting, rolling, yawning, hiccuping, sucking and all sorts of things!
-the bones in baby's ears are now developed, and sending signals to his/her brain, so now baby can hear! This little one will become familiar with the sounds of my day (my heart beat, my voice, Ozzy barking, Jezebel meowing, Doug's voice...). Loud sounds may even startle baby!

And mommy is growing...
-I have gained 1lb this week. My weight gain so far is now -28lbs.
-Jezebel is obsessed with my belly. Even as I write this, she is laying across my belly. Baby moves a lot when Jezebel is near! It's kind of cute.
-I have felt some movement, but still it is irregular and not very strong. I am getting more and more anxious to feel the real kicks, and to have Doug feel them as well.
-this week I've been craving cottage cheese and limes (not together!)

We find out what we're having in 9 days!


Belly pic
Me, at 8 weeks, just for comparison:


And now, at 18 weeks:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have to confess, I tend to look more pregnant in the late afternoon and at night (this was taken in the afternoon), and I also look more pregnant when I wear full panel jeans. But... the belly is totally growing. There's no mistaking it. I can barely suck in my stomach anymore. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome