Monday, May 31, 2010

15 weeks



Notable Info About Baby
-baby is approximately 4 inches from crown to rump (roughly the size of an orange) and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces.
-baby can sense light, even though his/her eyes are still shut
-baby can now officially hear things going on outside the womb
-baby's taste buds are formed, and functional. It can taste strong-flavored things that I eat (via amniotic fluid. Yum)

Notable Info About Momma
-I have developed a cyst in my abdomen. Doctor says it's nothing to worry about and will go away on it's own. I had one about a year ago and the doctor said it was likely hormone induced. This one hurts quite badly at times because of the pressure baby puts on it (it is about 4 inches below my belly button- right where baby likes to hang out). The last one went away after 2-3 weeks, so I'm hoping this one will be the same. Either way, it is a cyst, and due to it's location, it can't be removed during pregnancy. If it's still there a few months post partum, I will likely have surgery to remove it. I'm not too concerned either way, just hoping it goes away on it's own because it hurts, and I imagine it will hurt more as baby grows.

-I haven't gained any weight yet. In fact, I lost another pound this week. I'm not super concerned, but it is starting to nag at me. I'm not sure what to do (if anything), because I don't want to purposely gain weight by eating bad things. I eat ALL DAY LONG, so I know I am getting enough calories. My body is just being weird, I guess.

-I don't have any appointments until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome