Tuesday, August 10, 2010

26 Weeks



My Baby Ty
-he is now approximately 14 inches long and weighs just under 2 pounds.
-his eyelids, which were fused shut for about a month, can now open again. He is able to tell the difference between light and dark.
-We are in the last week of the second trimester. Next week we will be 2/3 through this pregnancy!

Mommy
Weight Change: No idea. I'll find out in two weeks.

Symptoms/Feelings: Same as always. Am starting to have difficulty sleeping. It is hard to get comfortable, and I am dying to sleep on my back or belly again, but whenever I've accidentally ended up that way, it is pretty uncomfortable. Last night was the worst night so far. I feel bad for Doug for having to put up with me! Other than that, everything has been the same. Heartburn, super hungry all the time, et cetera.

Cravings: Caramel popcorn! Finally got some today.

Appointments: Had my gestational diabetes test today. It wasn't so bad, though I have a big bump on the inside of my elbow from where they poked me. I had to have my blood drawn three times (plus an extra vial for something else) in a span of two hours, and they poked the same general area all three times, so it's a bit swollen now.

Anything Big Happening? We found out we are NOT moving soon. Not until a few months after Tyron is born. We're not concerned, or bothered at all, by this, but we are now making arrangements to get our bedroom organized. We're going to put the crib and change table in there this weekend.

Preparing for baby: We're almost all set. I bought a few of the smaller things we needed today, and now I feel much more prepared. This week we're focusing on organizing the bedroom and will be washing his clothes and getting his drawers all stocked with baby Ty clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome