Tuesday, August 31, 2010

29 Weeks!

So... getting closer to 30 weeks is fun! I'm excited for next week! :)

I'm 29 weeks pregnant today!


We're at the beginning of the 7th month of pregnancy! Hooray!
This month, baby is the size of a squash (a big squash?). Coincidentally (and it really is a complete coincidence), we're having squash for dinner tonight, lol.

The Facts of Ty:
-He is now around 16 inches long and weighs about 2 1/2 pounds.
-All five of his senses are in use, as he practices opening his eyes and viewing his surroundings (sight isn't really something that develops much in utero. His sight will develop and strengthen after he's born, but right now he can focus on shadows and will turn his head toward light).
-He's still moving a lot, but it's not the same squirmy, bubbly feeling. Now it feels like he is stretching or spinning. He's still breech, so when he stretches, I can feel his head hitting me up by my ribs.

Mommy Time:
Weight Change: Will find out next week.

Symptoms/Feelings: Same as always! I always forget if there is something new to mention. I've started getting back pain, so when I sit on the couch I use a pillow. I've also been doing random yoga positions which help (specifically cat-cow, which really helps, and is a good exercise for pregnant women). I've started getting really sore legs and feet, especially when I take longer walks. I've been reducing my walks to about 30 minutes instead of an hour, and it's been helping. I guess the weight of the belly is affecting me a lot!

Heartburn hasn't been too bad. My worst trigger is anything tomato based (like pasta sauce or pizza sauce), and cinnamon. It's a shame! But I can't complain as my heartburn really hasn't been bothering me too much.

Cravings: Pumpkin pie.

Appointments: None this week.

Anything big happening? Not this week! It's a really low-key week for us, though September is going to be pretty busy as we have some fun things planned for the end of the month.

Preparing for baby: My list of things we "need" is pretty short now. I need a few receiving blankets and I'd still like an exercise mat, but our main goal this month is to get the crib!

No belly pics this week. I promise I will have one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome