Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 7

I'm seven weeks pregnant today! I can hardly believe it. When I first got that positive pregnancy test, I thought it would take forever to pass 6 weeks. It still feels like time is crawling by. I really want to get to 12 weeks... I really just want to see my baby.

Anyhow, here's how baby is progressing at week 7


This week baby is about the size of a blueberry. Approximately 1/2". Hooray baby, you doubled in size this week! Grow, baby, grow! Though, each "week by week" fetal development site/book I read gives a different measurement. I like this comparison to a fruit, so we're sticking with that, okay?

This week the baby's brain is growing super super fast! The brain is generating 100 new cells every minute! That's a lot of brain growing. The baby's leg buds are starting to appear, and the arm buds are growing longer. Baby's face is also developing pigmentation, there are visible ear holes, tiny nostrils and there's a little indent where the baby's mouth will be. The baby's digestive system and stomach are starting to form as well.


Baby still looks a little scary, but in a few weeks froggy starts looking a little more human. We all start from somewhere, right?

This week I've been dealing with morning sickness. Fortunately, it hasn't been too bad! I'm REALLY hoping it stays this way. I've only been sick when my stomach is empty, so I'm trying to eat frequently to keep the sickness away. It does make me very happy that I am experiencing morning sickness. I know it's a good sign for my baby's development. I just don't want to deal with really bad morning sickness all day long!

I've also been having some cravings and food aversions. I'm pretty much avoiding cooking, because even if I really want the food, after I've cooked it, I'm sort of put off. And raw meat is really not appealing at all. I've been craving grilled cheese like CRAZY. Right now milk makes me nauseous, so I'm trying to get my calcium from other sources. I've been making a lot of smoothies with yogurt, and that's been helpful. I feel like I've been eating a lot of fruit and carbs, but everything else is unappealing. I'm trying so hard not to make bad food choices while pregnant, so I've been eating a LOT of fruit and trying to keep the carbs to a minimum. I've been eating some nuts and eggs as protein, as well.

Physically not much has changed. I am not going to be one of those cute pregnant people who show early with a cute little baby belly. I'm okay with that. I've decided I'm still going to wear cute maternity clothes that make me feel like a cute pregnant lady. :) My skin has been super dry and itchy everywhere, though I'm not so sure this has anything to do with pregnncy. I have also felt the effects of a growing uterus, as I'm always in the bathroom! The fatigue isn't as bad as it has been, but I think that might just be because I'm getting used to being tired all the time.

As far as weight goes, I've lost 2lbs this week (not surprising since I'm eating less, and have been pretty active this week thanks to the beautiful weather).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome